Author Topic: Rules, guidelines and tips  (Read 7639 times)

Offline TheThing

• Experienced Programmer
  • Global Moderator
  • Loli
  • Living in IS
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog
Rules, guidelines and tips
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:08:03 pm »
Rules:
  • Don't spoil (duh).
  • Only one reply per show (meaning, if there already exists a post about a show you want to write, then don't write a new post. If you feel a previous post is lacking or might need update, then pm the user who wrote it and ask him to change it).
  • Sequels do not count as a a show. Posting a new post about a sequel of an already posted shows is not allowed. Spinoffs are exceptions (meaning, you can post about to aru kagaku no railgun as well as Toaru Majutsu no Index since the other is a spinoff show of the latter).
  • When posting, remember to post a link to the anime title on MAL. This can help users get more information on the show.
  • If you are linking a download link to a show not subbed by Doki, then please post a direct link to the torrent file on either Tokyo Toshokan or BakaBT. Do not post a direct link to the sub group website (unless Doki has done a joint with that same subgroup at some point).
  • Use common sense :)
  • When posting pics for the show (for further enticing), please only include screenshot from the anime.
Guidelines:

Keep the description short and to the point. Remember, this is not a review, this is basically a short description on why you like the show. A good post starts by explaining why you like the show as well as why you finished watching it, whether if it was because you thought it was incredibly funny or because the characters were interesting. By naming the things you liked about a show might increase the likelihood of other users watching it.

Think of it this way, if someone came up to you and asked what you thought about show X or show Y, what would you answer? That answer is what you should put in the post.

Also, please post only shows that you liked or shows that you thought interesting. This is a forum to entice users to watch new stuff. Speaking badly about a show only to degrade it does not count. You can name the flaws in the show if you think they are worth mentioning however.

As always, these are only guidelines and you should think of them as only guidelines. There is always exceptions to everything. :)

Tips:
  • Posting pics might help entice users into watching a show.
  • This should give a hint on what a post might contain.
  • If a show might fit two different genre/threads, then just post it in a thread that you find it will fit more in. I will make sure the other thread contains a link to it.
  • If you have some questions or suggestions, then please don't hesitate to pm me.

Updated (27/8):
Added rule 7.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:19:09 am by TheThing »
Living in IS is fun, except for the occasional volcano eruptions in my backyard but that's another story.
Owner & Project leader for NFP Encodings & ForPitch.
Making lolis cry since 2011

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
Re: Rules, guidelines and tips
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 11:36:47 pm »
In case it's helpful, here is a quick template you can use for posting about shows:

When I'm getting ready to post about a show, I use this template, fill in all the details in a text file in notepad until it's mostly done, then start a reply here in the forum, preview it and do any last-minute tweaks before posting.

Code: [Select]
[center][size=24pt]Show Title[/size]

Genre1, Genre2, Genre3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/...rest of the link to your show]MyAnimeList overview[/url]
[url=link to torrent]Batch torrent for show[/url] or just link to the Doki batch post if applicable.

[url=splash image link.jpg][img]splash image link l.jpg[/img][/url]
[/center]

[hr]

Quick show description/teaser.

What you like about the show; what it really does well; what makes it special; enticement for why we should watch it.

[hr]

[center][b]Pictures[/b]
http://RandomC.net is an excellent place to find screenshots. Focus on the first 3 eps or so to avoid too
many spoilers. Upload pics to imgur.com. Paste the direct image link in between img tags and also in the
url= tag. Then put a lowercase L just before the .jpg or .png in the img tag for the 600 pixel size
clickable image link to the big picture.
[spoiler]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[url=][img][/img][/url]
[/spoiler][/center]